W-MCP7-1.144 TO THOMAS MCQUESTEN from C. Ellison Kaumeyer
Dec 29 1939 December 29, 1939.
To: T.B. McQuesten Toronto, Ontario.
From: C.E. Kaumeyer. Niagara Falls, Ontario.
NIAGARA PARKS COMMISSION
C. Ellison Kaumeyer
Niagara Falls, Canada
December 29, 1939.
Dear Mr. McQuesten,
Enclosed herewith you will find account in the amount of $137.90 covering the purchases at Table Rock House on December 21.1
Yours very truly,
C. Ellison Kaumeyer,
1 Table Rock House at Niagara Falls was a starting point for the Scenic Tunnels, now much changed and renamed Journey Behind the Falls. In 1926, the old Table Rock House was demolished and a new Table Rock House was built of limestone with a copper roof, south of the old one and closer to the Horseshoe Falls. The new facility contained a lunch counter, souvenir sales, washrooms and dressing rooms for Scenic Tunnel visitors. It was also the station for the electric railway, the main mode of transportation through the Park at the time.
This account may have been for the restaurant or for souvenirs, possibly for official visitors to the Falls. T. B. McQuesten did not condone personal expenses.